vlog

Sunday, March 18, 2007

new thought on pgs. 89-128

I found these pages to be rewarding in the fact that they show ways to incorporate daily situations into the design process. I have to agree with the statement mentioned in the story section of "I learn more from listening to stories than reading technical material." ( I might have left out a few words)

The one thing I thought about with this section is, a story is a symphony; it is constructed to bring empathy or play while everyone takes with them their own meaning(s) from the story.

Pink has made me think about what it means to design.

I need to design so that learners can take with them a piece of instruction that has meaning and purpose in their life. I think that this also reflects why school is so boring for students today. It seems to me that technology and life is so fast paced that children get bored too quickly, and to the right brain child, who wants to learn about math or science when they can think about creating?

Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mary

No comments: